Welcoming new friends and new faces to dance with us the week of October 24 - 29.
The week of October 24 - 29, 2022 is Bring-A-Friend week at Prima!
Some people maintain friends from childhood, and this special bond affords many benefits. After all, you knew each other through all the growing pains and through those formative years. You both experienced classes, play, and did activities together.
This special friend therefore knows your integral character.
It’s a bonus if you maintained ties throughout adulthood while you forged your mature self. A childhood friendship that lasts is great because your friend knows more about you than most people will.
Health Benefits of Retaining These Friendships
In a 2021 study of 323,200 individuals from 99 different countries around the world, valuing friendship was associated with better health, greater happiness and higher levels of subjective well being across cultures.
Dance and friendships impact our lives in so many ways, such as:
- Physical: Dance creates strong, flexible and balanced bodies. Physical activity is a complete joy when executed with a friend doing something you both love.
- Emotional: Dance creates an outlet for all types of emotions and the ability to release emotions after a long day of school or work. The emotional release is often more positive when experienced with secure friendships.
- Mental: Dance creates a mind that can remember complicated sequences, mathematical formations and musical and visual cues. Imagine the mental ability it takes for dancers to put on a show or competition. Doing it with a friend only makes the challenge more exhilarating!
Take this opportunity to share the joy!
- Invite a friend, cousin or neighbor to dance with your child the week of October 24 - 29 (please ensure they register) and share this "Bring-A-Friend" link with them.
- Say something about Prima on your social media or your mom Facebook group and share this "Bring-A-Friend" link with them.
- Tell some parents about your child's dance class at parent pick-up after school today and share this "Bring-A-Friend" link with them.
Thank you for being a valuable part of our dance family,