Keep Dancing at Prima - Reason #11
Why your child should dance at Prima
Reason #11: Staying Cool Under Pressure
At Prima, we give student the opportunity to participate in dance exams with international organizations that have developed syllabi for dance training. As part of the training process, each of these organizations schedules exams to adjudicate the training level of dance students. Taking exams provides benefits to students, parents, and teachers, most importantly it trains students how to stay cool under pressure.
Benefits to Students
- Provides a sense of accomplishment.
- Teaches students about goal setting.
- Provides incentive to work harder.
- Instills the importance of technical training in dance.
- Provides an opportunity to enhance performance quality alongside solid technical training.
- Results in certification. Candidates who successfully complete their examinations hold the certification for that level.
- Allows students to know precisely what level they are working at from an internationally standardized syllabus.
Benefits to Parents
- Examinations by internationally recognized and standardized organizations provide parents with a third-party assessment of their dancer’s progress and dance training.
- Assures parents that the physical studio space that their child is dancing in is one that is safe for dance. These international organizations set and enforce standards for studios so as to ensure that dancers are not being injured through their training.
- In order for a dance studio to enter students for examinations the studio must employ teachers who have undergone the rigorous certification processes by those organizations and maintain a certain standard of training (as established by exam candidates’ results) to keep that status. This provides parents with an assurance of an internationally recognized standard of dance training against which the studio is constantly being measured.
Benefits to Teachers
- The examining body offers workshops for teachers, allowing the studio to be in step with the newest methods and research about dance training.
- Students examinations assure teachers that they are maintaining the internationally set standards for dance training.
Join the Prima dance family today.